Regular seeping loosens and removes most dirt
Use doormats to keep dirt from coming into your home or business and shake them out often. This will reduce the amount of dirt being dragged across your tile floor, and reduce the wear to the finished surface.
Tile floors should be damp-mopped using manufacturer-recommended grout and tile cleaners. Simple Green is a good cleanser.
- Clean up spills quickly so grout won’t become stained
- Tile is very durable; however, it is not indestructile and may crack or chip
- Take proper precautions when moving heavy objects across tile floor
- Cover furniture legs with protectors to guard against scratching
- Use steel wool, scouring powders or other abrasives that can scratch the finish
- Use bleach or ammonia-based cleaners (can discolor your grout if used often)